Avoid NBA Blackouts On League Pass & More: Live Stream Every GameBy Jeremy Evans / October 20, 2018 / Tags: Stream Sports, Unblock Content
Here’s how to bypass NBA blackouts on NBA League Pass, Sling TV, PlayStation Vue, and more so you can live stream every basketball game this season (never miss another home game!).
NBA blackouts suck. There’s just no other way to put it. Blackouts prevent fans from watching their home team — so you won’t be able to see a single local game. Thankfully, you don’t have to put up with this. There is an easy way to avoid NBA blackouts on NBA League Pass, Sling TV, and PlayStation Vue: NordVPN.
NordVPN is a streaming service that will let you get basketball games unblocked and live stream every NBA game this season — including every home game and all the other matchups around the league. It lets you avoid NBA blackouts by passing your internet connection through a different location so that every NBA game is available to live stream. (What is a VPN?)
There are lots of VPNs out there, but the unreliable ones will slow your connection. We like NordVPN the best. It has the fastest streaming speeds, is super easy to use, and doesn’t throttle or disrupt connections. I’ll show you exactly what to do to avoid all NBA blackouts with NordVPN — so you won’t miss a single game this year.
NBA Blackouts — Who Is Affected?
US viewers across the country are subject to regional and national NBA blackouts. This is true whether you watch on broadcast TV or live stream NBA games online. If you stream the NBA on any of the following, you will get hit with blackouts: NBA League Pass, Sling TV, PlayStation Vue.
NBA League Pass, Sling TV, and PlayStation Vue black out all local games. League Pass also blacks out nationally televised games. Depending on where you are, Sling TV and PlayStation Vue also have an added mess of complicated blackout restrictions that make it very hard to even tell which games will and will not be available to watch. It’s maddening.
But I’m going to spare you the frustration this season, no matter which streaming service you use. Below are step-by-step instructions to get basketball games unblocked and avoid local and national blackouts on NBA League Pass. Or, skip to how to avoid NBA blackouts on Sling TV and PlayStation Vue. Or, if you’re getting blocked from games by specific channels/websites, go here to see how to unblock them.
Get Basketball Games Unblocked On NBA League Pass
NBA League Pass is a fantastic service to live stream NBA games all season long — once you bypass the blackouts. With NBA League Pass, you can:
+ Live stream 40 NBA games/week
+ Watch 4 live games at once
+ Stream games live on any device
+ Watch on-demand replays of every regular season game
Here’s how to avoid game blackouts on NBA League Pass, so you can use it to live stream every game.
1. Get a NordVPN account, the best VPN for NBA streaming. NordVPN is the fastest VPN out there — unlike others that will slow your connection — so you can stream live NBA games at super-high speeds and in HD and Ultra-HD with no ISP throttling. Then download the NordVPN app to go with whichever device, or devices, you want to watch games on — TV, computer, phone, etc.
2a — If you DON’T already have NBA League Pass. Use the NordVPN app to connect to a server in the UK. This will let you sign up for an international subscription of NBA Game Pass. Then, when you’re ready to start watching games, just reconnect to the UK server.
2b — If you DO already have NBA League Pass. Use the NordVPN app to connect to any US server to avoid local game blackouts. For nationally televised games (on ESPN, etc.), connect to a server in Canada.
3. Use NBA League Pass as usual — only now you’ll be able to live stream every NBA game! After you connect to a NordVPN server, just use NBA League Pass the way you normally would, on the device of your choice. As long as you’re connected, you’ll have access to all the games, all season long.
It really is that easy, so take advantage of the 30-day money-back offer from NordVPN to try it out risk-free. Your friends will be very jealous.
[Tips: If you have location services on your computer or device, disable them. Also clear your cookies and browsing history. If you’re still having trouble, tech support will troubleshoot your particular device/operating system. They’re available 24/7.]
Get Basketball Games Unblocked On Sling TV and PlayStation Vue
Bypassing NBA blackouts on Sling TV and PlayStation Vue is very easy. The whole setup will only take a couple minutes. Here’s exactly what to do.
1. Get a 30-day money-back trial of NordVPN, the best for NBA streaming. NordVPN has the fastest streaming speeds. Others will slow your connection, but with NordVPN you can live stream games at super-high speeds, in HD and Ultra-HD, with no ISP throttling. Then download the NordVPN app to go with whichever device, or devices, you want to watch games on — TV, computer, phone, etc.
2. Use the NordVPN app to connect to a server in Canada, where the game you want to watch won’t be blacked out.
3. Start live streaming every NBA game! Now just use Sling TV or PlayStation Vue the way you always do to watch the NBA, on any device. As long as you’re connected to a NordVPN server, you’ll be able to watch any game you want this season on Sling or Vue.
Other Ways To Live Stream NBA Basketball
If you’re looking for live streaming other than League Pass, Sling TV and PlayStation Vue, the options are slim. TNT Overtime does live stream some NBA games — and for free — but unfortunately not very many. You can also watch some games on TV if you have cable. Games on ABC are free if you have a decent antenna.
Thankfully, these streaming services are great for NBA streaming — once you get all the season’s basketball games unblocked. For that task, we’ve done a lot of testing of other VPNs besides NordVPN. We’ve found NordVPN to be the best, by far, for streaming NBA games. One, it really is the fastest VPN — and this is never more important than when you’re watching live basketball. Other VPNs will slow your connection to painfully low levels.
⊕ RELATED: 5 Best VPNs For Streaming
Others still have very poor, unreliable performance, especially with NBA League Pass and Sling TV. Some of the VPNs out there (particularly the free ones) will even steal your bandwidth to run a spam-bot network (yup, this actually happened).
NordVPN is also extremely easy to set up and use. You don’t have to mess around changing, and re-changing, the network settings on your devices. You just use NordVPN’s simple apps, available for every device.
Plus, you won’t just be getting basketball games unblocked. You can unblock live sports of all kinds with NordVPN — in fact, you’ll get access to about every geo-blocked website out there.
The customer service is great if you need it, with 24/7 live chat. Their 30-day money-back guarantee is the best in the industry. NordVPN is just an all around excellent service, and nothing beats it for watching the NBA.