Best MLB.TV Blackout Workaround 2018 — Live Stream Every GameBy Jeremy Evans / March 25, 2018 / Tags: MLB Baseball, Stream Sports
Here’s the simple MLB.TV blackout workaround for Roku, iPhone, Sling TV, PlayStation Vue, computer, and more. Live stream every game this season and never miss another of your team’s home games.
Tired of missing your home team’s games? So was I. Then I found this simple way to avoid blackouts on MLB.TV. Now I can live stream the Red Sox when I’m in New England, watch the Dodgers in LA — in short, stream every MLB game live with no blackouts. And you can too. All it takes to avoid MLB blackouts on MLB.TV is ExpressVPN.
ExpressVPN is a streaming service that will let you live stream every MLB game this season — including every home game and all the other matchups in every market around the league. It lets you avoid MLB blackouts by changing your device’s IP address. This is what MLB.TV uses to determine which games you can and can’t watch. ExpressVPN switches your IP address to different location — one where the game you want to watch isn’t blacked out. The result is that you can live stream every MLB game on MLB.TV, not just the out-of-market games. (What is a VPN?)
There are lots of VPNs out there, but the unreliable ones will slow your connection. ExpressVPN is the best MLB.TV blackout workaround we’ve found. It has the fastest streaming speeds, is super easy to use, doesn’t throttle or disrupt connections, and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, right now you can get 3 months extra free with ExpressVPN’s 12-month plan. I’ll show you exactly what to do to avoid all MLB blackouts with ExpressVPN — so you won’t miss a single game this year.
MLB Blackouts — Who Is Affected?
US viewers across the country are subject to MLB blackouts. On MLB.TV, all in-market games are blacked out. That means you can’t watch your home team — or any other team within your “TV territory.” The MLB has a blackout locator tool you can use to see which teams are blacked out in your area. Plus, regionally and nationally televised games are also blacked out on MLB.TV. This is one of the most annoying caveats to any sports streaming service, ever.
If you’re streaming MLB on fuboTV, Sling TV, or PlayStation Vue, you too will run into blackouts — though it’s near impossible to tell which games will be unavailable (just try reading their terms and restrictions and you’ll see what I mean.) Some viewers watching over-the-air TV may even see game blackouts.
I’m going to spare you the frustration this season, no matter how you watch. Below are step-by-step instructions to avoid MLB blackouts on MLB.TV. Or, skip to how to avoid MLB blackouts on FuboTV, Sling TV, and PlayStation Vue.
The Simple MLB.TV Blackout Workaround 2018
MLB.TV is a fantastic service to live stream MLB games all season long. With MLB.TV — once you bypass the blackouts — you can:
+ Watch every MLB game live or on-demand in high definition (HD)
+ Live stream home and away games, in-market and out-of-market
+ Watch multi-game viewing options, picture-in-picture, real-time stats and highlights
+ Watch on your favorite device (Android, iOS, Xbox, Roku, Apple TV, PlayStation, lots more)
+ Get live game DVR, milestone markets, and playback control
+ Watch At Bat Premium for free
Here’s the best MLB.TV blackout workaround, so you can live stream every game. This is the fastest, most reliable MLB.TV blackout workaround for Roku and other streaming devices, iPhone and Android, your computer, or any other device.
1. Get a 30-day money-back trial of ExpressVPN, the best VPN for MLB streaming. ExpressVPN is the fastest VPN out there — unlike others that will slow your connection — so you can stream live MLB games at super-high speeds and in HD and Ultra-HD with no ISP throttling. [Tip: You get 3 months extra free with the 12-month plan, which is also the best deal ($8.32/mo).] Then download the ExpressVPN app to go with whichever device, or devices, you want to watch games on — TV, computer, phone, etc.
2. Use the ExpressVPN app to connect to any US city where the game you want to watch won’t be blacked out. For example, if you’re in Chicago and want to watch the Cubs, connect to Washington DC — or any other city outside your local area.
3. Use MLB.TV as usual on any device — only now you’ll be able to live stream every MLB game, not just the out-of-market games! After you connect to an ExpressVPN server, just use MLB.TV the way you normally would, on the device of your choice. As long as you’re connected, you’ll have access to all the games, all season long.
It really is that easy, so take advantage of the 30-day money-back offer from ExpressVPN to try it out risk-free. Your friends will be very jealous.
[Tips: If you have location services on your computer or device, disable them. Also clear your cookies and browsing history.]
MLB Blackout Workaround For Sling TV, PlayStation Vue, and FuboTV
Bypassing MLB blackouts on Sling TV, PlayStation Vue, and fuboTV is very easy — but note that you still won’t have access to every game. Besides blackouts, these services only stream select games, so if you want full access MLB.TV is the better way to go. Here’s exactly what to do to get around the blackouts.
1. Get a 30-day money-back trial of ExpressVPN, the best for MLB streaming. ExpressVPN has the fastest streaming speeds. Others will slow your connection, but with ExpressVPN you can live stream games at super-high speeds, in HD and Ultra-HD, with no ISP throttling. To get 3 months extra free, pick the 12-month plan ($8.32/mo). Then download the ExpressVPN app to go with whichever device, or devices, you want to watch games on — TV, computer, phone, etc.
2. Use the ExpressVPN app to connect to a server in a US city where the game you want to watch won’t be blacked out. For example, if you’re in LA and want to watch the Dodgers game, connect to New York (or any other city outside your local area) to get access.
3. Start live streaming MLB games! Now just use FuboTV, Sling TV, or PlayStation Vue the way you always do to watch the MLB, on any device. As long as you’re connected to an ExpressVPN server, you’ll be able to watch more games this season.
Other Ways To Live Stream MLB baseball
If you’re looking for other ways to live stream MLB baseball — besides MLB.TV, FuboTV, Sling TV, or PlayStation Vue — the options are pretty slim. If you have cable or satellite TV, you can stream MLB games through your provider, or on sites like ESPN and Fox Sports, but the selection will be limited.
If you don’t care so much about streaming, can also watch some games for free on over-the-air TV if you have a decent antenna.
MLB.TV is the best streaming service for MLB baseball because it’s the only one that will give you access to all the games — after you bypass the blackouts. For that task, we’ve done a lot of testing of other VPNs besides ExpressVPN. We’ve found ExpressVPN to be the best for streaming MLB games. One, it really is the fastest VPN — and this is never more important than when you’re watching live baseball. Other VPNs will slow your connection to painfully low levels.
Others still have very poor, unreliable performance, especially with MLB.TV and Sling TV. Some of the VPNs out there (particularly the free ones) will even steal your bandwidth to run a spam-bot network (yup, this actually happened).
ExpressVPN is also extremely easy to set up and use. You don’t have to mess around changing, and re-changing, the network settings on your devices. You just use ExpressVPN’s simple apps, available for every device.
Plus, ExpressVPN isn’t just an MLB.TV blackout workaround. You can unblock live sports of all kinds with ExpressVPN — in fact, you’ll get access to about every geo-blocked website out there.
The customer service is great if you need it, with 24/7 live chat. Their 30-day money-back guarantee is the best in the industry. ExpressVPN is just an all around excellent service. This MLB.TV blackout workaround will make your MLB season a lot more enjoyable this year.