How To Live Stream March Madness Free On Kodi — Best Add-Ons To Watch The ChampionshipBy Jeremy Evans / April 2, 2017 / Tags: Live Stream, NCAA basketball, Stream Sports
Here’s how to watch NCAA March Madness on Kodi — including the best Kodi add-ons to live stream the 2017 NCAA tournament for free, where to find them, and how to use them. Live stream the National Championship: Gonzaga vs. North Carolina.
This year, there are even better options to watch March Madness on Kodi than last year. You can live stream every NCAA tournament game for free on Kodi, from the first game to the Championship.
The National Championship is Monday, April 3, Gonzaga takes on UNC for the trophy at 9:00 PM EST, televised on CBS.
Here are the best Kodi add-ons to watch March Madness live on Kodi this year — including where to find them and how to use them. If you’re new to Kodi, you may want to read this beginner’s guide on how to use Kodi first, then come back here for the best Kodi March Madness add-ons.
How To Live Stream March Madness On Kodi
STEP 1) Hide your IP address
To watch NCAA Tournament games live on Kodi for free, you need to hide your device’s IP address. This will let you unblock restricted content sources, and keep you secure and private. Privacy on Kodi is a must. Otherwise, you can get blocked or throttled by your ISP for watch free live streams — and worse. Plus, you will be accessing third-party add-ons that require an extra layer of security so that you don’t get hacked or spied on. So do not skip this step.
You can hide your IP address and stay secure with any of the trusted VPNs in the table below. There are others out there, but not all of them have sufficient privacy and security measures, so be careful if you don’t stick with one of these. I personally use NordVPN. It has military-grade data encryption, is super fast, easy to use, and a real deal at only $3.29/month now with their spring offer. It’s a PC Magazine Editor’s Choice 2017-2015 and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
It’s really easy to set up a VPN with Kodi (done in about 5 minutes). So do that now, then come back here and get started using Kodi privately and securely to live stream March Madness.
Best VPNs For Kodi — Hide Your IP Address
STEP 2) Download Kodi (Skip if you already have Kodi)
Go to kodi.tv and download the Kodi application for your device. It’s free and works on just about any computer, tablet, and smartphone — as well as on streaming devices like the Amazon Fire TV box or stick. (See how to install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV.)
STEP 3) Get Fusion Add-on Installer (Skip if you already have Fusion)
Fusion Add-on Installer will make it one-click easy to install the add-ons you need to live stream March Madness games.
First, turn on your VPN and connect to any server. Then open the Kodi application. You’ll see the Kodi Home Screen.
Next, you need to change one of the settings in Kodi to allow third-party add-ons. To do this, go to Home > System (the gear icon) > System settings > Add-ons. Activate ‘Unknown Sources‘ option. You will see a WARNING! message saying that add-ons will have access to your personal data. As long as you’re using a VPN with sufficient security and privacy protection — like one of these — you can proceed.
Now, to install Fusion Add-on Installer, follow these steps:
1. From the Kodi Home Screen go to System > File Manager
2. Select Add Source
3. Select ‘None‘ for the path. Then type in http://fusion.tvaddons.ag and name the source (Fusion). Fusion will now be added to your list of sources.
4. Return Home > Add-ons. Click the little box icon at the top to open the Add-on browser. Select Install from Zip.
5. A list of sources will appear. Select Fusion, then select begin-here. Finally, select plugin.program.addoninstaller-1.2.9.zip. (The version number may have changed by the time you read this.)
6. A note saying that Add-on Installer is enabled should briefly flash on screen. In some cases it doesn’t start up right away, but if you exit and reopen Kodi it should fix it.
7. Now go to Home > Add-ons > Program Add-ons. Add-on Installer should be listed under installed add-ons. Select it, and it will take you to the add-on library.
STEP 4) Install Kodi add-ons to watch March Madness
From the Fusion add-on library you can browse and choose the best add-ons to live stream March Madness. Here they are.
Best Kodi Add-Ons To Watch March Madness 2017
You can find all of these add-ons in Fusion Add-on Installer. Here are the ones to use to live stream 2017 NCAA Tournament. (If you’re new to Kodi, see below for more help on how to install and use these add-ons.) The National Championship game is on CBS.
1. Phoenix. Launch Phoenix and click on the ‘Phoenix TV’ section, then ‘Entertainment’. Here you’ll see live streams for CBS, TNT, TBS, and TruTV.
2. cCloud. Go to the ‘Entertainment’ section to live stream CBS, TNT, TBS, and TruTV.
3. Castaway. This will have tons of great sports coverage of March Madness this year in the sports and live TV sections.
4. SportsDevil. Check the live TV section to watch CBS, TBS, TNT, and TruTV.
5. UK Turks Playlist. Lauch UK Turks, then go to the ‘Sports’ and ‘Live TV’ sections to find live games.
You won’t need any more options that that, and if you just get UK Turks Playlist you should have access to every game. But, if you want to explore, some other good sports add-ons that will have March Madness live streams are: Bob, ZemTV, USTVNow, Pro Sport, Vortex, and Made in Canada.
More Help Using Kodi To Watch March Madness 2017
If you’re a Kodi newbie and need more help getting started, see our how to use Kodi guide for beginners. This will show you step-by-step how to install add-ons, and how to use them to watch live sports.
– Read our disclaimer for more on our streaming philosophy.
Latest posts by Jeremy Evans (see all)
- NFL Sunday: Rams-Vikings Live Stream Free, Without Cable - November 19, 2017
- Michigan-Wisconsin Live Stream Free, Without Cable — College Football Week 12 - November 17, 2017
- Dolphins-Panthers Live Stream Free, Without Cable — Monday Night Football - November 13, 2017