3 Easy Ways To Install Kodi On Amazon Fire TV & Fire StickBy Jeremy Evans / April 15, 2017 / Tags: Amazon Fire TV, How-To, Kodi
Don’t buy a junky Kodi-loaded Fire TV Stick on eBay. Here are 3 easy ways to install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV or Stick yourself — without tearing your hair out, no tech skills required.
Kodi and Amazon Fire TV / Fire TV Stick are a match made in heaven. But if you’ve read some other installation how-to guides and are totally confused, you’ve come to the right place. It isn’t hard to install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick. Here are the 3 easiest ways to do it.
Step 1) Do This First — Required For All The Methods Below
There are two things you need to do before using Kodi on Fire TV.
First, you need to get a VPN, if you don’t already have one. It’s very important to use Kodi with a VPN. It will keep your connection secure, so you don’t get hurt by any of the security issues on Kodi. It will keep your identity private, so you can’t be tracked, monitored, throttled, or otherwise penalized for using Kodi (see: How To Stay Secure On Kodi). Finally, a VPN will let you unblock Kodi TV add-ons so that you can watch tons more TV, movies, and sports.
We recommend NordVPN, our top pick of the best VPNs for Kodi. It’s a PC Magazine Editor’s Choice two years running, and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. It has maximum security and privacy features, is super fast, will let you unblock every content source and add-on on Kodi, and is really easy to use.
Second, you need to enable the developer settings on your Fire TV device. Here’s how:
From the Fire TV home screen, choose SETTINGS > SYSTEM > DEVELOPER OPTIONS. Enable the ADB DEBUGGING and the APPS FROM UNKOWN SOURCES options. Go to SYSTEM > ABOUT > NETWORK and record your Fire TV’s IP address.
Install Kodi On Amazon Fire TV & Stick With Apps2fire — Easy Method 1
Use this method if you have an Android phone or tablet available. The Apps2fire takes apps that are installed on your Android device and installs them on Amazon Fire TV & Stick. Handy, huh? Here’s what to do:
1. Install Kodi on your Android phone or tablet (available here: http://kodi.tv/download/).
2. Install the Apps2fire app (available here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.koni.appstofiretv) on your Android phone/tablet.
3. Open Apps2fire and enter the IP address of your Fire TV device (the one you found and recorded in Step 1).
4. Choose Kodi to install on your Fire TV box or stick, and you’re done.
Install Kodi On Amazon Fire TV & Stick With ADBFire — Easy Method 2
You can use this method with Windows, Mac, or Linux computers. ADBFire is a Kodi and Fire TV companion app. It lets you install Kodi on Fire TV devices without needing to download the Android SDK files (don’t worry if you don’t know what that means). Here’s what to do:
1. Download ADBFire (available here: http://www.jocala.com/adbfire.html).
2. Download Kodi to your computer.
3. Open ADBFire and choose SETUP.
4. Enter your Fire TV’s IP address (which you obtained as mentioned in Step 1), then hit SAVE.
5. Make sure ABDFire says “ADB running” at the bottom of the window. If it doesn’t, hit CONNECT. Now it should say “ADB running” and “Device connected.”
6. Click the INSTALL APK button, and choose your Kodi download (from #2 above) to install. When it’s done, disconnect from ADB and close the app.
7. On your Fire TV or Stick, go to SETTINGS > APPLICATIONS > MANAGE ALL INSTALLED APPLICATIONS. Select Kodi, and choose LAUNCH APPLICATION to launch Kodi on your Amazon Fire device. And you’re done!
Install Kodi On Amazon Fire TV & Stick With CetusPlay — Easy Method 3
You can use this with any phone. CetusPlay is a very handy app that will let you install lots of popular TV apps on your Fire TV device from your smartphone. Here’s what to do:
1. Download the CetusPlay app (available here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cetusplay.remotephone).
2. Open CetusPlay and go to the App Center.
3. Choose Kodi and install it on your Fire TV (make sure you followed Step 1 and enabled the ADB Debugging developer setting on your Fire device). Then start watching Kodi TV on your big-screen.
If for some reason you prefer to install Kodi on Fire TV manually, using what’s called the ADB command line tool, that’s a fourth option. But it can get a bit technical. See these manual installation instructions on Kodi Wiki.
Why Amazon Fire TV Plus Kodi Equals Awesome
With Kodi, you can stream tons of great TV, movies, and sports. With Kodi on Amazon Fire TV or Fire Stick, you can watch it all on your nice big flatscreen. It’s the best, most enjoyable way to stream Kodi TV, period.
Amazon Fire TV & Stick are the best media streaming devices to use with Kodi because you don’t have to do any hacking, side loading, or jailbreaking to install Kodi on them. Don’t bother buying one of those crummy Kodi-loaded Amazon Fire Sticks on eBay. With one of the 3 easy methods above, you can install Kodi yourself.
So go ahead and give it a shot — then enjoy lots of great TV. Just remember to stay secure and anonymous on Kodi, so you don’t attract any unwanted attention from hackers, spies, and snoops. For more on this, see Is Kodi Legal? Safe?
If you need more general help getting started, see how to use Kodi in our simple, quick-start guide.
– Read our disclaimer for more on our streaming philosophy.
Latest posts by Jeremy Evans (see all)
- Watch The 2017 French Open Online — Free Live Streams, Match Replays, Highlights, & More - May 26, 2017
- Amazon Fire TV Review - May 25, 2017
- Live Stream Cavaliers At Celtics Game 5 Free, Without Cable — NBA Playoffs 2017 - May 25, 2017